EB-1 (Outstanding Professors and Researchers)
This category is an employment-based, first-preference visa for outstanding professors or researchers.


You must demonstrate international recognition for your outstanding achievements in a particular academic field. You must have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in that academic area. You must be entering the United States in order to pursue tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education.

GENERALLY REQUIRED EVIDENCE (You must meet 2 of 6 criteria below)

• Evidence of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
• Evidence of membership in an association that requires their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement
• Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic    field
• Evidence of participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied    academic field
• Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field
• Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field


Stage 1: Petition Support Letters Evidence Stage 2: Submit Petition to USCIS Stage 3: Fingerprint EAD/AP Issuance Stage 4: Approval


Stage 1 to Stage 2:about 3 months
Stage 2 to Stage 3:about 2 months
Stage 3 to Stage 4:about 1-6 months (depending on whether you use premium processing)


A. We help to define and demonstrate your achievements that have been internationally recognized in the field of expertise.
B. We help to draft advisory opinion letters
C. We help to put forward the best evidence


A. You must submit an offer of employment from the prospective U.S. employer
B. Premium Processing (15 day result on I-140 at the extra fee of $1,225) is applicable 
C. The time period between Stage 1 and Stage 2 may vary case by case due to the complexity of the case
D. Many O visa holders believe that they are sufficiently qualified for the EB-1 category based on their O visa approvals. However, the standard of EB-1 is higher than O visa standard.
Frequently Asked Questions(EB-1)
EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability)
EB-2 (NIW: National Interest Waiver)
EB-1 (Outstanding Researcher)
EB-1 (Adjudication Trend)
Start-Up VISA
J-1/H-3 (Trainee)
O (Extraordinary Ability)
Business Trips (Visa Waiver/ B Visa)
L-1 (Transferee)
E-1/E-2 (Trader/Investor)
H-1B (Professional)
TN/E-3 (Professional)
Start-Up Issues
Green Card (Employment)
EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability)
EB-1 (Multinational Executives)
EB-1 (Outstanding Researcher)
EB-2 (NIW: National Interest Waiver)
EB-2 (Advanced Degree Holders)
EB-3 (Skilled Workers)
EB-4 (Religious Workers)
EB-5 (Immigrant Investors)
Frequently Asked Questions (EB-2)
Green Card (Family)
IR-1 (Spouse of a U.S. Citizen)
IR-2 (Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a U.S. Citizen)
IR-5 (Parent of a US Citizen)
FB-1 (Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens)
FB-2 (Spouses, Minor Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of LPRs)
FB-3 (Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens)
E-1/E-2 (Work Visa)
E-3 (Visa)
H-1B (Visa)
H-3 (Visa)
L-1 (Visa)
O (Visa)
P (Visa)
R (Visa)
TN (Visa)
J-1 (Trainee)
Frequently Asked Questions (F-1)
Frequently Asked Questions (H-1B)
Frequently Asked Questions (E-2)
Frequently Asked Questions (L-1)
Investment VISA
E-1/E-2 (Investment Visa)
EB-5 (Immigrant Investors)
EB-5 (Regional Center Pilot Program)
Frequently Asked Questions (E-2)
Frequently Asked Questions (EB-5)
Student VISA
F-1 (Visa)
J-1 (Visa)
M-1 (Visa)
OPT/STEM Extension
N400 (Naturalization)
N470 (Preserve Residence for Naturalization)
Other Issues Affecting Immigrants

New York Office

575 Madison Avenue 23rd Fl
New York, NY 10022
TEL: 646.308.1215
FAX: 917.210.4001

New Jersey Office

640 E. Palisade Ave. 3rd F.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
TEL: 201.886.2400
FAX: 917.210.4001

Silicon Valley Office

1250 Oakmead Parkway,
Suite 210
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Tel: 650.856.2500
Fax: 917.210.4001