EB-2 (Advanced Degree Holders)
This is an employment-based, second preference visa category for professionals holding an advanced degree or its equivalent.


The job you apply for must require:
• An advanced degree (Master's or higher); or
• A baccalaureate degree and 5 years or more of progressive, post-baccalaureate, work experience in the field.


• Academic qualification
• History of work experience
• US employer’s legitimate entity
• US employer’s financial ability to pay the offered wage


Stage 1: LC(PERM) Prevailing Wage Advertisement Stage 2: Submit PERM Application Stage 3: Submit I-140 & I-485 to USCIS Stage 4: Fingerprint Stage 5: Approval


Stage 1 to Stage 2:about 4-6 months
Stage 2 to Stage 3:about 4-8 months
Stage 3 to Stage 4:about 2 months
Stage 4 to Stage 5:about 2-5 months (depends on whether you use premium processing)


A. The time period between Stage 2 and Stage 3 varies case by case and the Department of Labor's workload
B. A PERM application may get randomly selected by DOL for an audit between Stage 2 and Stage 3, which will cause     a significant delay.
C. Even if you personally hold a Master's degree or the equivalent, you may not qualify for this category if the job does not require the same
D. You may request premium processing for the review of I-140
E. EB2 is sometimes affected by the visa quota, and depending on the visa availability, you may or may not file I-485 concurrently with I-140
Frequently Asked Questions(EB-1)
EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability)
EB-2 (NIW: National Interest Waiver)
EB-1 (Outstanding Researcher)
EB-1 (Adjudication Trend)
Start-Up VISA
J-1/H-3 (Trainee)
O (Extraordinary Ability)
Business Trips (Visa Waiver/ B Visa)
L-1 (Transferee)
E-1/E-2 (Trader/Investor)
H-1B (Professional)
TN/E-3 (Professional)
Start-Up Issues
Green Card (Employment)
EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability)
EB-1 (Multinational Executives)
EB-1 (Outstanding Researcher)
EB-2 (NIW: National Interest Waiver)
EB-2 (Advanced Degree Holders)
EB-3 (Skilled Workers)
EB-4 (Religious Workers)
EB-5 (Immigrant Investors)
Frequently Asked Questions (EB-2)
Green Card (Family)
IR-1 (Spouse of a U.S. Citizen)
IR-2 (Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a U.S. Citizen)
IR-5 (Parent of a US Citizen)
FB-1 (Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens)
FB-2 (Spouses, Minor Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of LPRs)
FB-3 (Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens)
E-1/E-2 (Work Visa)
E-3 (Visa)
H-1B (Visa)
H-3 (Visa)
L-1 (Visa)
O (Visa)
P (Visa)
R (Visa)
TN (Visa)
J-1 (Trainee)
Frequently Asked Questions (F-1)
Frequently Asked Questions (H-1B)
Frequently Asked Questions (E-2)
Frequently Asked Questions (L-1)
Investment VISA
E-1/E-2 (Investment Visa)
EB-5 (Immigrant Investors)
EB-5 (Regional Center Pilot Program)
Frequently Asked Questions (E-2)
Frequently Asked Questions (EB-5)
Student VISA
F-1 (Visa)
J-1 (Visa)
M-1 (Visa)
OPT/STEM Extension
N400 (Naturalization)
N470 (Preserve Residence for Naturalization)
Other Issues Affecting Immigrants

New York Office

575 Madison Avenue 23rd Fl
New York, NY 10022
TEL: 646.308.1215
FAX: 917.210.4001

New Jersey Office

640 E. Palisade Ave. 3rd F.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
TEL: 201.886.2400
FAX: 917.210.4001

Silicon Valley Office

1250 Oakmead Parkway,
Suite 210
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Tel: 650.856.2500
Fax: 917.210.4001