Judy J. Chang, Esq.
Judy J. Chang is a California and New York licensed attorney, specializing in the field of U.S. immigration and nationality law. She is also admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Ms. Chang is the Founder and Managing Member of Judy Chang Law Firm, LLC, a bi-costal immigration law firm with offices in New York, NY, Palo Alto, CA, and Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
Having grown up in Seoul, South Korea and Montreal, Canada, Ms. Chang received her B.A. Hon. (Scholar's Electives Program) from the University of Western Ontario and her law degree (LL.B.) from the University of Toronto Law School, where she was a co-director for a legal clinic and represented the rights and interests of immigrants and refugees from many different nations.
Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Chang taught international trade law at Tianjin and Suzhou Universities in China. Before founding Judy Chang Law Firm, Judy practiced U.S. immigration and nationality law at national and global law firms as part of the international transaction team and built an excellent track record of successfully representing a diverse clientele in challenging matters.
Ms. Chang is also a regular media contributor and a frequent guest speaker on a variety of legal issues dealing with foreign businesses and immigrants. She has also served the legal and immigrant community in various leadership roles, described below.
For her success and leadership in her chosen field, Ms. Chang has received the 2013 Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award by the Asian American Business Development Center. She has also published “You are what you experience” based on her experience as an immigrant and immigration advocate.
Her practice goal is to provide outstanding services both to her clients and to the community at large.
- 2003 Community Awareness Seminar on Unlawful Presence, hosted by Korean Consulate General, San Francisco, CA
- 2004 International Association of Korean Lawyers Conference, San Francisco, CA
- 2012 K Group Immigration Seminar hosted by KOTRA Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA
- 2013 K Start UP Silicon Valley Immigration Seminar, San Jose, CA
- 2014 K-Move hosted by KOTRA Silicon valley, San Jose, CA Q&A
- 2014 Start-Up Strategy Conference, San Jose State University, CA
- 2015 Korean StartUp Showcase NYC Seminar, New York City
- 2016 KASCON27, New York University, New York City
- • Regional Governor, the International Association of Korean Lawyers
• Director, Korean American League for Civic Action
• Secretary of the Board of Directors, NY Nanum Foundation
• Chairperson of the Board of Trustees, Korean Community Center
- You are what you experience
- Syndicated Immigration Columnist
- 2013 Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award Asian American Business Development Center